Inner Banner Image


If you are a United States citizen and want to marry someone who is not, you can get a Petition for Immigrant Fiancée so that your loved one can come to the United States so they can get married here.

There are many things to think about before deciding to get a petition for an immigrant fiancé or to explore other options such as getting married elsewhere and then making a request for your spouse to come to the United States. It is important to understand the legal rules and make an informed decision to best ensure the legal status of the person you want to marry. At Monty & Ramirez, our goal is to help you find the best solution so that you can get on with your marriage so that you can get your immigration matters resolved as easily and quickly as possible. We take care of legal matters so that you can focus on starting your new family.

How Can Our Attorneys Help You With A Fiancée Petition?

To obtain a visa for your fiancée, you will need to fill out a Petition for Fiancée. You need to demonstrate proof of four different things when completing this form and submitting your documentation:

  • You need to prove that the partner you sponsor is a Legal Citizen of the United States.
  • You need to prove that both people who are getting married are legally free to get married and that the marriage will be recognized by the state in which you live.
  • You must demonstrate that the couple has been physically attached and that you and your spouse have seen each other for at least the past two years before applying for the Visa. There are some limited exceptions to this, as well as in cases where culture prohibits seeing each other before getting married or traveling being an exaggerated burden.
  • You need to show that you have a legitimate, real relationship and that marriage is not just to get a Green Card.

It can be somewhat difficult to determine exactly how to show evidence of these four essential elements of a Petition for a Fiancée. At Monty & Ramirez we will help you complete all the necessary documentation to secure a visa for your fiancée and we can also help you show the evidence that you need from you for the immigration authorities.

Our attorneys will also help you prepare for a Visa interview; and we will keep you informed about the progress of your Petition for Fiancée from the moment you begin the immigration process and throughout it until you and your fiancée are united in the United States with appropriate legal status and the opportunity to get married.

Get Help From An Immigration Lawyer At Monty & Ramirez

Our attorneys have extensive experience in helping couples make their dreams come true by obtaining a Fiancée Petition to make immigration possible. Let us use our legal knowledge to handle your case. Call or contact us online today to schedule a consultation and start the immigration process. At Monty & Ramirez, we know what works.®

Contact us

    First Name

    Last Name



    Zip Code

    How would you like to be contacted?

    How can we help you? Briefly describe your legal issue:


    Book a consultation Today