Inner Banner Image

Provisional Extensions

Sometimes you or a family member will need to come to the United States but is inadmissible for entry into the United States or inadmissible for adjustment of status or being removed from the United States.

A person may need an exemption for many different reasons, such as being previously removed from the country or convicted of a crime, or just for having certain illnesses.

When a family member is classified as inadmissible or removable, this does not mean that there is no hope. It is possible to request an immigration exemption from the United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS). Waivers or waivers are available to those seeking an adjustment of status or other immigration benefits that would not otherwise be available. You need to know what exemption to send and you need to follow the correct steps to send it correctly. Monty & Ramirez can help.

USCIS Requests for Provisional Exemption for Most of Houston.

There are many ways of exemptions available, it depends on the reason for the inadmissibility and it depends on whether the inadmissible person is seeking to come to the United States temporarily on a non-immigrant basis or whether the inadmissible person is trying to come to the United States permanently.

Typically, it is more common for an inadmissible person who is eligible for an exemption to come to the United States temporarily, on an F-1 student visa or an H-1B professional worker visa. However, this is not always the case and whether an exemption will be granted or not depends on many factors including who is applying for the exemption, the immigrant’s relationship to people in the United States, and the reason for inadmissibility.

Some of the many different cases of Immigration and National Acts (INA) exemptions include:

  • A 212 (d) (3) (a) exemption for someone who has previously been removed from the United States and who is the person who is now seeking to come to the United States temporarily.
  • A 212 (a) (9) (B) (v) exemption for someone who is the spouse, son or daughter of a United States citizen who is inadmissible because he or she was present in the United States illegally. A
  • 121 (d) (3) (A) exemption for an individual who is seeking to come to the country temporarily and who is inadmissible based on a failure to attend a removal procedure.
  • A 212 (h) exemption for an individual who is seeking permanent residence but is inadmissible based on a crime involving a breach of morals.

Choosing the correct exemption, completing all the required documentation, and properly submitting the exemption request can be very difficult. It is important to have a qualified attorney to advise you during the process so that you can have the best chance of the exemption being granted.

Getting Legal Help

At Monty & Ramirez, our attorneys have lots of experience with Greater Houston provisional waiver submission to USCIS. Our goal is always to help you or your family member or loved one to be able to come United States for as long as desired, and we will use our extensive knowledge of immigration laws to try to make this possible.  We’ll also communicate with you throughout your case and keep you updated on how the immigration process is moving forward.

Call or contact us online today to get started with the waiver submission so the immigration process can begin moving forward. At Monty and Ramirez, we know what works.®

Contact us

    First Name

    Last Name



    Zip Code

    How would you like to be contacted?

    How can we help you? Briefly describe your legal issue:


    Book a consultation Today